Top Trap music artists
It’s always hard to pick a “Top Whatever List”, regardless of the topic. No matter what you say, or how you pick the list, everyone wants to tweak it… truthfully, that’s what makes these lists awesome. We all love something, and are essentially invited to voice our opinions about it.
These are the artists we felt were the biggest, baddest, and most “Turnt Up” players in the game.
A variety of factors went into this list, including, but not limited to…
- Social Media Following
- Body of Work Within The Trap Scene (Productions, Shows, etc…)
5. Yellow Claw
This spot was very difficult to choose, because there are so many trap artists that could be placed in this position (UZ, Loudpvck, and Gladiator just to name a few). However, Yellow Claw has edged them out, and has made it into the #5 spot on our “Top Trap Artist” list.
YC’s energy during live sets is up there with the best of them; there is a reason why they play the main stage at festivals instead of the side tents, and that’s because their sets are insane!
As trap has become bigger, YC’s tracks are becoming more noticed… and it’s about time. These guys produce some of the most massive trap beats in the game today; just listen to some of their remixes, and you’ll see why these guys deserve to be recognized.
Baauer, in my opinion, is a wild card pick at #4. I say a wild card pick, because in the age of “what have you done for me lately”, Baauer may be overlooked. Baauer has had several hits within the trap music community, but has gone unnoticed because a lot of them are collaborations. With that being said, here are several reasons why he is listed at #4:
1. Even though most of his major songs are collaborations, they still become huge hits. Just take for example, “Higher – Just Blaze x Baauer”, and “Infinite Daps – RL Grime x Baauer”.
2. He’s a crowd pleaser, and is great with his fans – who in the world throws out USB sticks at their live shows with all the new tracks they have been working on except for Baauer… freaking awesome.
3. Harlem Shake – If there is one track that brought trap music to everyone, it’s this one; enough said.
3. DJ Snake
You may be thinking too yourself “DJ SNAKE?! A top 5 trap artist over Gladiator, Loudpvck, UZ and others?! This dude is nuts!” Well, while I do believe that everyone is a bit crazy, this may be the most logical and easy choice on this list. Let’s break down the numbers:
1. Most played song “Turn Down For What” = 10 million plays. This is by far the most listened to song by any artist mentioned in the “Top 5” (RL Grime is next with about 6.5 million on his “Love Sosa” remix).
2. His followers on social media is about 1 million between Facebook and Soundcloud (second to Floss who has 3.5 million on Soundcloud alone).
3. Snake performs main stage or 2nd main stage at all or most major festivals, and can sell out any venue on his own without assistance (this is very underrated, because if you look at other trap guys such as Lookas and Ookay, you can be sure to see them touring with other artists to ensure the show sells out). Even Yellow Claw and Baauer may not able to do that on their own everywhere.