Portuguese music artists
The International Portuguese Music Awards (IPMA) is an annual awards show recognizing outstanding achievement in the music industry by international artists of Portuguese ancestry. The award show also features performances by prominent artists (TBA) and is televised online and on various media outlets. Awards are handed out in multiple categories and the two New Talent finalists perform live.
VIP Ticket price includes:
- One reserved ticket within the first 5 rows of the stage
- Official VIP laminate
- Pre-show access to VIP Lounge, including private bar and (1) one complimentary beverage
- Early entrance into theater
- (1) One 2015 IPMA Audio CD (last year’s live performances)
- (1) One ticket for entry at IPMA After-Party @ The Cove restaurant in Fall River, MA
For more information, please visit:
The official social media hashtag for this event is #2016IPMA
The 2016 IPMA Show will feature the following performers:
* Paulo Gonzo (Portugal) – Premier Portuguese singer and songwriter with a career spanning over three decades. Multi-platinum recording artist.
* Rita Redshoes (Portugal) – Portuguese solo artist. Winner of the “Best Portuguese Act” at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards and was also a nominee for “Best European Act”.
* Chico Avila (USA) – Successful Azorean born singer and songwriter residing in California. Has performed for audiences in many countries around the world and received two IPMA nominations in 2013 in the Musica Popular and Pop categories.
* Afrika Rainbow (USA) – Cape Verdean roots reggae band. They received two nominations from IPMA in 2015 for Video of the Year and World Music. They were also nominated at the Cabo Verde Music Awards for Best Reggae and Best Band on Stage.
* Frank Vieira (USA) – Rising country music star of Portuguese heritage. He has performed with national acts such as Marshall Tucker Band and Craig Campbell.
* Apollo’s Crown (Canada) – Ontario, Canada based band featuring Season 5 Canadian Idol winner, Portuguese-Canadian, Brian Melo.
* Boss AC (Portugal) – (Replaced Nelson Freitas) considered one of the pioneers of Portuguese rap. He has collaborated with artists such as De La Soul, Da Weasel, and Sam the Kid. In 2005 he was nominated for Best Portuguese Act at the MTV European Music Awards – that same year he opened up for 50 Cent at a sold-out Pavilhão Atlântico in Lisbon.